Saturday 8 March 2014

Knitted Gadget Pouches

 
My knitted gadget pouches were a surprise success at the December Craft morning in Northwood.

I learnt how to knit when I was in infant school and hadn't picked up a pair of knitting needles since then. However in 2009 I came across Kirstie's Homemade Home on Channel 4OD and was fascinated by all the crafts Kirstie Allsopp was exploring. When I watched the episode featuring knitting I remembered the earlier lessons I'd had with my mum and fancied having another go.

I began by knitting a scarf, then a blanket and then cushion covers, but these were very time consuming projects. Now I knit small things like the gadget pouches and things for my dolls.

I keep my phone, my ishuffle and my digital camera in my knitted gadget pouches. I use garter stitch, stocking stitch, ribbons and cross stitch to produce them and I find making them to be a short and satisfying project.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment