Saturday 21 February 2015

Lorna's Songs on 8Tracks

Something I have been meaning to do for ages is to put eight of the best songs I have written on the 8Track Internet music channel. I have finally done that, you can find them here at http://8tracks.com/amilofinn/lorna-s-songs . I hope you enjoy them, a little more about the tracks is written below.



'For what I am' was written after my first experience of work, trying to do a job I found particularly difficult.

'Stargazing' was my attempt at a space song. Sitting by the window and looking out at the night time sky was as far as I got.

'Island of Happiness' was inspired by a magazine article which recommended that the search for constant happiness was futile and we would do better to appreciate the islands of happiness we are fortunate to encounter along our way.

'Alive at last' was written after a dismal relationship break up. It was used in about 2005 at a friend's baptist church baptism.

'Jazz' is about a popular, beautiful college acquaintance I was particularly envious of.

'That far away look' is about a particularly romantic evening I enjoyed with my soon to be husband.

'Scorpio Eyes' is a mysterious astrologically inspired song.

'I can see you' was written when I was seventeen. It is about the scary business of falling in love for the first time.

Videos for these songs can be found on the LornaJHart YouTube channel.

Through the seasons features 'For what I am'
The Planets features 'Stargazing'
In the cafe features 'Island of Happiness'
On the ice features 'Alive at last'
Rainbow Ballet features 'Jazz'
The Tudors features 'That far away look'
Halloween Party 2 features 'Scorpio Eyes'
Another day, another place features 'I can see you' as well as 'Waiting for me'

No comments:

Post a Comment