Monday 29 February 2016

SubVerse Writers


It has been ten years since I hammered the final nail into the coffin of my poetry group. 'SubVerse Writers' was the child of Web One, mostly active from 2000 to 2006, although we didn't do much in 2005 and I wound everything up in 2006. We had an old fashioned website and were on newsgroups and the IRC. We met once a month on a Saturday in a cafe in central London, men and women of all backgrounds and ages came to discuss 'the poetry of surrender', to share our verse and our feelings. We ran workshops and exhibitions, gave talks and recitals, produced books and other paraphernalia. I always felt that external forces were acting against us and it had to come to an end, which it did, however I am glad it existed, I felt it was mostly good while it lasted. I thought I would share one of my favourite poems from that era with my blog, it's called 'Malleable'.





No comments:

Post a Comment